Business Development Representative
Sales – New York
Apica is looking for a star performer Business Development Representative (BDR) who will play a vital role in supporting the sales growth of the company. The BDR must be self-starter, high-energetic, and driven professional with natural sales instinct that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. You will be part of a dynamic, high performing team and will play a meaningful role in building a high performing business and work culture that drive success and fun.
The BDR initiates business conversations with target enterprises, developing rapport and relationships with potential customers and partners and plays a large role in developing an effective pipeline of new projects and customers. You will be taking a lead from a marketing campaign or outbound prospecting, develop and qualify opportunities, arrange initial meetings with an account executive.
The BDR has a direct impact on a Apica’s success by driving qualification of prospects to qualified leads enabling high sales conversion rates.
This position will develop into a successful sales career along with a clear path to growth within the Apica’s sales organization.
In return, we offer uncapped income potential in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing a leadership position in this growing market.
- Identify, qualify and cultivate new sales leads through lead management and proactive outbound prospecting
- Achieve monthly targets such as number of demos scheduled, qualified opportunities, weekly activities, and appointment setting by developing an effective pipeline of sales leads
- Tracking and maintaining customer contact and their records through Salesforce.com
- Participating in sales meetings, local trade shows and vendor training in order to maintain up to date knowledge of current technology
- Attending customer meetings as required
- 1-4 years of experience in lead generation, sales, and/or marketing (SaaS experience a plus, but not required)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Effective time management skills - the ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with a team
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to effectively handle stress
- Creative thinker - the ability to think effectively, develop ideas and solutions to problems as the come
- Must be highly enthusiastic and committed to excellence
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies, Business, Marketing or related discipline