The Apica business development representative (BDR) works between marketing and sales handling most first ‘live” contact with prospective customers and engaging in marketing activities and campaigns in order to build relationships.
The BDR’s primary objective is taking a lead from a marketing campaign or outbound prospecting, qualifying the lead through discovery of the opportunity, arranging initial meetings with an account executive and maintaining the follow up working in collaboration with the account executive.
In addition, the BDR initiates business conversations with target enterprises, developing rapport and relationships with potential customers and partners and plays a large role in developing an effective pipeline of new projects and customers.
The BDR has a direct impact on a Apica’s success by driving qualification of prospects to qualified leads enabling high sales conversion rates.
- Lead management and proactive outbound prospecting
- Developing an effective pipeline of new projects and customersGenerating appointments by means of lead activity management
- Marketing Apica’s solutions to potential customersWorking with the marketing team to discover opportunities from various leads and set appointments from those leadsTracking and maintaining customer contact and their recordsAttending customer meetings as required
- Participating in sales meetings, local trade shows and vendor training in order to maintain up to date knowledge of current technology
- Must be a good communicator - must have the ability to interact and communicate with at all organizational levels
- Ability to make presentations to prospective customers
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Strong business systems knowledge – CRM, marketing automation, etc.
- Effective time management skills - the ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- Willing travel at any time
- Ability to work with a team
- Problem solving skills
- Possession of strong interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to effectively handle stress
- Ability to listen and pay attention to details
- Creative thinker - the ability to think effectively, develop ideas and solutions to problems as the come
- Must be highly enthusiastic and committed to excellence
- Ability to be thorough and extremely analytical
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies, Business, Marketing or related discipline
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!